Saturday, August 21, 2010

"This my song, through endless ages-Jesus led me all the way..."

A few months ago, in church we were talking about divine moments; how they happen at least once if not many times throughout every Christian's walk with Christ. We talked about how those moments are special because they shake us to our core-whether it be through new opportunities that excite us or being broken so that Christ can prune our leaves and mend us back to health, they are all divine and all important in our journey.
I am so lucky that Christ broke my heart to save it. The call was so heavy at first. The burden on my heart-unspeakable. But I can't help but always reflect on those few days before the national when I was on my knees BEGGING God to enter in.
It's amazing how lost you can get on the journey...sometimes you walk ahead of God instead of following him.
I was in my plan, and worshiping with my body-but not my spirit. Now, I only long to chase Christ-to see what he has for me.
I am in no way perfect or close to it-and everything in this heart needs work. My habits, my jealousy, my judgment, my attitude, my need to control, my doubt, my fears; all of those things still need to be healed.
But now that I see Him with a fresh vision-there is hope of that healing. There is certainty.
"All the way my savior leads me..."

And I will follow until the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment