Thursday, August 19, 2010

God's Promise

The drive to Nashville was one of the most incredible experiences of my life.
Not many can say that, I'm sure-after enduring a grueling ten hour drive.
But for me it-it was a dream.

I've never seen anything as beautiful as the hills of Arkansas,
They wrap around you and satiate your soul.
They are a masterpiece that no one should ever go without seeing.

I always wonder as I drive through-
If I would appreciate them as much if I lived there.
I just know that every hour I was on the road-
I tasted them and savored them as long as I could.


One thing I noticed about the drive here,
Was that you could look back behind you, and we were constantly inclining.

Looking around at all the greenery-
On that highway...
I was reminded of the dream that I had in February,
When I was brought to the top of the mountain with Christ.

Throughout the trip I began to be amazed at the similarities
Between what I was seeing ahead of me
And what I experienced on that night so long ago.

And when the skies opened up-
Right outside of Nashville and began to pour down rain-
After weeks and weeks of dry 104 degree weather days...

I reflected on Christ's words to me

"Only I can satiate you. You'll never be thirsty with me."

I knew that rain was for me.



Thank you God for giving me my "high way"
And my mountain.

And
Thank you God,
For quenching the thirst of my soul-
After being in the desert for so long.




0 comments:

Post a Comment