Sunday, August 22, 2010

Homes

I can't wait until my birthday. Mom's coming to Nashville to see me! Hopefully we'll be able to see the city, but I think it will just be awesome to see each other. We've never spent this much time apart.
I'm lucky though, because it doesn't feel like I've been apart from her. I feel like I'm on vacation-a much needed vacation. And we talk every day.
I'm falling in love with this city.
I wish she would just move here.

I don't want to go back to Norman. There's too much sadness there.
I feel like these hills have always known me-
They are a part of my soul and I can't explain it.

It's like all along I was missing them and I never knew it.

And I don't know how anything from I 35 to East 24th will ever satiate me after I leave here.

I think in parting-it will create a thirst in me that
Will never die;

I could live here forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment