Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Dream

I don't tell people much about the dream I had in February-partially because it's so sacred to me, and partially because I don't feel like many people would understand.
It used to sound crazy to me-when I'd say the words out loud. But more and more, it doesn't sound as crazy-because I've seen the magnificent works that Christ has done in just the past short month.
And now-I have to share it. I have to share the promise that he kept to me...the promise from Isaiah 35...the promise from the dream.

I've never been biblical savvy.
While I've always been a Christian, and love devotions-I'll be the first to admit that I don't devote as much time as I should to reading God's word.
Which is why when I had this dream-I had no idea that it was directly from scripture.

On that night in February...I was in the desert, at the base of a mountain of boulders. Everything around me was in sepia tones. There was no color, and I was terribly thirsty.
But I had to climb the mountain. I had to do it! On the other side were my old friends-my old life; my life before all the bad from last year happened...and I needed them back! I was determined to get them back.

As I began to climb, my whole body ached. I was drenched in sweat and so dizzy-so tired.

Suddenly,
I was hoisted up by a great force. In all of His glory, Christ was there...at the top of the mountain-waiting for me.
He looked rather ordinary, friendly, and like a father. He wore a red polo and jeans and offered me a ride in his red pickup.
Together-we road down a highway...around us plush greenery was sprouting up everywhere-there were valleys and creeks and the skies were blue; everything began blossoming in bright color!
Inside, he sat next to me, but I could feel his love all around me. I was completely secure.

He began speaking to me as he handed me a beautiful collage.

"This is the person I have for you. I have someone especially for you. But you must follow me. Those people...they will never satiate you. Only I can satiate you. You will not thirst with me. Will you follow me?"

The collage was rich with things I loved...pictures of my favorite flowers, historical figures...random odds and ends.

Suddenly, he let me down on the other side of the mountain...to see (I gathered) what my life would be without him.
On the other side was an enormous, gorgeous, round fountain (once again in sepia tones)-that had run completely dry. On the edges...sat all the people throughout my life that had broken my heart, or left me, or belittled me.

And I thirsted for His grace again; and I longed for the top of that mountain so much that I awoke with my heart pounding...

I knew it had to mean something huge-

And I was right.

1 comments:

CMO said...

Amazing! That's very intense.

Post a Comment