Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Things to Consider"

On this overcast day,
I'm laying on this swing
Anticipating fall.

I'm always the most myself
When fall comes.
Something poetic comes to life
That has been asleep for ages.

Autumn Jade returns to me again-
That girl inside of me
That I constantly seek-
That I never can seem to keep around.

I depend on her spirit,
That dances in the sweet
Smells of cinnamon and pomegranate;

Who lays out in the grass,
Just to feel the blades run
Soft between her toes-
Cool,
And slow-

That doesn't want to miss a moment of the leaves changing...

That listens to "Things to Consider"
And manages to get lost every time
In between the lines
Of his music.

His music-
That gave me a place
To rest
When the world was falling apart.

And on this overcast day,
I'm swinging-
With
His melody
On repeat;

The song that will keep my heart occupied
Until
Autumn comes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment