Monday, September 6, 2010

My space
Is crowded
Though
Who loves me
Few-

The serenade
Surrounding
Not mine to dance to.

The words are empty,
But they're brilliant quotes
I hang them around me
Like they're mine to hold.

But they're not.
Because they're hers.

And I feel like a fool
Trying to make myself yours.

I am the best friend.

My ways are hidden,
I am the hill she stands upon
When you see her-
I am the sun on her face
That makes her all the more
Beautiful.

I am
Useless really,
Because without her,
No one would see me at all.
Because I am the hill.

And who wants a hill?
No one.

They only want her.

I am the best friend,
I water roots when they're thirsty,
Feed her soul when it's hungry
And nurse wounds.

It's my duty.
I take place in the shadows.
Under the moon.

If someday
I am not the hill
I'll sing a glorious tune,

But for now
I am the best friend-
Invisible to you.



0 comments:

Post a Comment